Armand Bayou Nature Center Scout Classes
The Armand Bayou Nature Center offers a variety of classes for Cub Scouts.
- Tigers: Tigers in the Wild
- Wolves: Paws on the Path
- Bear: Fur, Feathers and Ferns
- Webelos Scouts: Into the Wild and Into the Woods
Gigglin' Marlin Dive & Swim Merit Badge Classes
Gigglin' Marlin Dive & Swim offers a variety of merit badge classes for Boy Scouts taught by registered merit badge counselors throughout the year. Classes include the Lifesaving, Swimming, Scuba Diving Merit Badges and many more. These are not give-away merit badges, and this is not a merit badge factory. Each Scout is expected to fulfill all the requirements by reading the merit badge book ahead of time, attending classes and doing prerequisites. Scouts are expected to participate fully in the class in order to receive full credit for the requirements completed.
Houston Arboretum & Nature Center Scout Classes
The Houston Arboretum & Nature Center offers a variety of workshops for Scouts. Scouts investigate the nature sanctuary with a naturalist and learn about the fascinating ecology of the forest. All of the Scout programs are conducted by staff naturalists and use the nature sanctuary as a field laboratory for hands-on explorations!
- Bears can work on the Fur, Feather, and Ferns adventure.
- Webelos can work on the Webelos Into Wild adventure.
- Boy Scouts can work on the Bird Study merit badge and conduct Eagle Scout projects.
- Scout groups can take a one-hour guided hike through the woods called a Forest Trek. Along the way, Scouts look for wild animals and their habitats, and learn to identify signs of nature.
Health Museum Scout Classes
The Health Museum offers a variety of classes for Scouts. Private classes can also be scheduled for groups of 10 or more Scouts on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Webelos Scouts and can work a variety of advancements.
- Boy Scouts can work on several different merit badges.
HMNS Scout Classes
The Houston Museum of Natural Science offers a variety of classes for Scouts.
- Tigers, Wolves, and Bears and Webelos Scouts can work towards Adventures in two-hour classes. Up to two classes can be taken in one day and entrance to the general exhibits is included for the Scout and one parent/chaperone. Classes are offered throughout the school year on Saturdays.
- Boy Scouts can work on 19 merit badges, including five Eagle Scout required badges. All classes use the resources at the museum’s disposal to help Scouts meet requirements.
- Scout Overnight is an opportunity for Scouts to spend the night at the museum. Scouts have an exclusive adventure through the museum exhibit halls, with activities and a special program in the Burke Baker Planetarium, where Scouts have a clear night adventure under the stars!
- Summer Scout Academy are week-long classes, held during the summer for Boy Scouts, Webelos, Bears, and Wolves. A total of 42 different merit badge class are being taught by registered merit badge counselors.
- STEM/Nova Day is held annually in September. Scouts of all ages have access to the museum at a discounted rate while working towards requirements for Nova Awards.
Houston Zoo Overnighters
The Houston Zoo offers a spend the night at the zoo for a unique, after-hours experience which includes interactive activities, touchable animals, pizza dinner, Scout advancements on certain nights, and a continental breakfast!
Weather Center Houston Merit Badge Class
The Weather Center Houston offers the Boy Scout Weather Merit Badge.
District Merit Badge Days
Merit Badge Days are an opportunity for Boy Scouts or Venturers, of any rank, to work on several merit badges. Classes are taught by adults with experience in the field. The following districts typically hold merit badge events: